The First Night of the Hunger Games

As I race away from the harsh gold of the cornucopia I realized one thing, I have no means of survival. I stop and weigh my options. I can go back and try to get weapons but that may end up with my face on the screen that will glow bright in the sky tonight and by the sound of loud “BOOM!”s in the air, I wont be the first. I decide to take this risk and race back to the cornucopia knowing with fear in my heart I could be killed by nature without supplies but could be killed by fellow tributes trying to get it.
As I near the beach that the golden cornucopia is lying on I see all the dead bodies. I almost tripped on one, half camouflaged with mud and leaves on the outskirts of the jungle. Based on the trail of blood behind it, the body had obviously been dragged a great many feet from were (judging the arrow sticking out of it’s back) it had been killed. I turned away with a fluttering in my chest as I realize I could be next. I feel lucky that I knew none of the other tributes for it makes them easier to kill. I race towards the cornucopia pushing the fear that I will die tonight deep inside me. I grab a sword from a fallen tribute and decide that if I kill someone tonight I will feel no regrets.

3 thoughts on “The First Night of the Hunger Games

1. I like how you went about showing that you went back to the cornucopia instead of running away. I only wish there had been more detail to make this post come to life. It felt short and left me wondering if anything else was going to happen to you today.

2. The blog was very good with great details but it ended very abruptly. I think that you could have eased into the end and not just shut it down out of no where. Everything else was good though.

3. I thought that your post was very good, but you could have added a few more details to make the post come to life. Over all it was berry good.